Chicago innovation exchange's Business Incubator
The Business Incubator at the CIE provides space, mentorship, and support to early-stage startups, helping them achieve critical milestones and grow into sustainable businesses.
Who should apply?
The Business Incubator is open to early-stage startups with a dedicated, full-time team. Current participants include entrepreneurs from the South Side of Chicago, recent UChicago graduates, graduate school alumni, faculty, and staff.
How would my company benefit?
• Monthly mentoring sessions with experienced staff, focused on product development, goal setting, and accountability
• Customized introductions to experts in your field through CIE’s extensive network
• Monthly training sessions on topics such as pitching investors or sales, with expert speakers and coaches
• Dedicated legal support through the UChicago Law School Innovation Clinic
• Dedicated desk and storage space, mail, and meeting rooms
• Preferential access to all of CIE’s mentors, workshops, classes, and events
• Opportunities to network and learn from other incubator companies
How Much Does it Cost?
Companies pay $200 per month per desk. The CIE does not take equity in BI companies, but does reserve the right to invest in the next institutional round of funding.
CIE by the numbers
We let the results speak for themselves.
34,000+ square ft.
Incubation and co-working space
Raised by CIE entrepreneurs
Don't be afraid to reach out. Fill out the form below or reach out directly to our Director of Operations, Tom Ancona, at email@example.com